Commercial Auto Insurance
Commercial Auto Insurance Information
Business Auto InsuranceBusiness auto insurance, also referred to as commercial vehicle insurance, provides liability, medical, uninsured motorist, collision and comprehensive insurance coverage for retail, wholesale delivery, contractor, trucking or service industry vehicles.
Garage Auto policies cover the legal liability of dealerships, repair garages and body shops for losses arising from their operations. A business auto insurance policy can also cover damage to customers’ and garage-owned autos.
Why is Business Auto Insurance needed?
Would you drive your personal automobile without insurance? Of course not, and it’s just as important to insure your company owned vehicles. You need business auto insurance even if you have personal auto insurance. Vehicles involved in an accident while being used for company business may not be covered by personal insurance policies. Furthermore, it is not allowable to place a vehicle you use for business and commercial purposes under your personal auto policy.
If you’re not sure if you need a business auto policy, answer these five questions:
- Do you use your vehicle for work?
- Does your business deliver goods?
- Does your business own or lease vehicles?
- Do your employees drive company-owned vehicles?
- Do your employees use their personal vehicles for business?
If you answered yes, you will need to purchase a business auto insurance policy. The coverage can help protect your business from damages caused by minor mishaps or serious accidents that a personal auto policy may not cover.
What autos will Business Auto Insurance insure?
- Owned Autos – Provides protection for claims arising out of ownership.
- Hired Autos- Provides protection for a vehicle you or your employee rent or borrow for business.
- Non-Owned Autos- Provides protection for partners, employees, or members of households using the vehicle for your business or personal affairs.
- Temporary Substitute Autos – Provides protection when the vehicle you own is disabled and you’re using another vehicle temporarily.
- Newly Acquired Autos – Provides protection for new or additional autos acquired during the policy period.
What is Covered by Business Auto Insurance?
Just about any business-use vehicle (automobile, truck, pickup, van) can be covered by business auto insurance. Non-owned (leased, rented or third party owned) vehicles can also be covered. For example when employees use their own car for company business or an employee travels and needs to rent a car, you should not rely on the employee's personal auto insurance to provide protection. Your business liability risk is too great. As with personal cars, there are many aspects to insuring business vehicles such as:
We will help research your business auto insurance options. Having the right auto coverage for your business is important and should not be overlooked as a potential for significant repercussions on your business for not being properly insured. A standard business auto insurance policy generally includes coverage for:
- Injuries or damage that you cause
- Your driver’s injuries
- Injuries and damages caused by uninsured or underinsured drivers
- Damage to or theft of your vehicle(s)
We represent many top insurance companies offering a wide array of business auto insurance products. Each company offers different advantages and disadvantages depending on your business. Eliminate the confusion and let us shop for the right business auto insurance for you.
Do you need help with your Business Auto Insurance?
Let’s work together and discuss how we can help you. We will help explain your Business Auto Insurance policy and what coverage options that are available.
Receive a Small Business Owners Insurance Proposal by:
Call us at 740-998-5544 or 937-981-2272
Submit your information online